Salvage Your Water Property in Cambridge through Commercial Water Restoration
Afraid your wood floors have been damaged by water? No need to stress it, Let SERVPRO fix it.
SERVPRO Uses Advanced Equipment to Restore Water-Damaged Floors in Cambridge
You can always go right if you work with commercial water restoration experts after a water damage experience. If you are a business owner, never assume that everything is okay, even if you cannot see any standing water within your premises. Some building components, such as hardwood floors, are known to retain moisture and must be inspected by a professional to prevent future damage.
The focus of our SERVPRO team during water damage mitigation in Cambridge is to ensure your hardwood floor does not warp, cup, or buckle after getting exposed to the water. It is normal for such defects to develop on wooden floors after exposure to water, and their severity is determined by the time it takes before the restoration can be done. We usually advise property owners to seek professional water cleanup services as soon as possible.
Expect us to perform the following mitigation techniques when restoring your wooden floors:
- Run air movers to reduce the room's relative humidity
- Position space heaters appropriately to increase the rate of evaporation
- Perforate floor finishes to enhance evaporation - we do this in consultation with the customer and the adjuster
There are instances where the hardwood floor may appear dry even when the subfloor is still wet. Our SERVPRO technicians never make assumptions since such issues are crucial, so we use specialized equipment to confirm. For example, we can take readings using a penetrating moisture meter to determine whether additional drying is necessary.
Given that we always consult with your adjuster before making any major demolitions, you do not risk losing your compensation. Our job is to move any items from the rooms to enhance the drying process. Where waste disposal is required, we do it as per the local and IICRC regulations.
SERVPRO of Cambridge / Belmont is experienced in water, fire, storm, and mold cleanup for commercial and residential properties. Call (617) 864-7378 to work with a team that is Faster To Any Size Disaster when an emergency comes calling.
Why Even Small Fires Benefit from SERVPRO Restoration
Regardless of the cause, SERVPRO is here for you if your Cambridge home sustains fire damage.
Cambridge Fire Damage Restoration Available 24/7
While a small flare-up in a Cambridge home may only leave light soot and soils, these can prove challenging to address with consumer-grade cleaning solutions. Even worse, attempting to clean these deposits can spread stains and soot particles. Even when it seems like the damage should be minimal, fire and smoke damage can seep into nooks and crannies, finishes, and HVAC systems with relative ease.
SERVPRO fire damage technicians help Cambridge properties return to a clean, odor-free condition after a disaster. This crew remediates debris, stains, and odors with industrial-grade tools to restoration industry standards, whether the source is a small kitchen fire or a large-scale conflagration.
Why is Professional Cleanup for Fire Damage Necessary?
Fire restoration companies are necessary for multiple reasons:
- Technicians complete training from the IICRC and SERVPRO to understand the intricacies of fire damage, including how soot particles spread and react to various materials and stimuli. This understanding allows them to remove fire damage more effectively.
- Professionals like those at SERVPRO can also render emergency services like packouts, debris removal, and board-ups for damaged windows and doors. Roof tarping services are also available for homes with damaged roofing
- Restoration professionals can help homeowners with their insurance claims by providing such evidence as a photo or video documentation of damaged items, detailed inventory lists, and cost estimates for necessary repairs related to the disaster in question
If a small flare-up occurs, douse it with an extinguisher, baking soda, or salt. Water is not recommended for fires involving oils or fats because it can spread flames. Fires can spread quickly and cause thousands of dollars of damage within just a few minutes. If the disaster proves too large to handle, focus on ensuring home occupants are safe and call emergency services to control the flames. Before an emergency occurs, consider putting necessary paperwork, including insurance information, somewhere easy to reach safely before exiting the property.
After the fire has been addressed, homeowners should contact insurers immediately to start the claims filing process. It is typically unnecessary to wait to begin repairs until an adjuster has evaluated the property, which means homeowners can contact restoration specialists like SERVPRO to inspect and give estimates for cleanup. Depending on the scale of the damage, homeowners may be able to stay at the property. However, insurance may cover hotel accommodations for large-scale damages depending on the policy's terms.
SERVPRO Fire Cleanup Tools Remove Smoke Stains and Odors
Fire and smoke damage restoration by SERVPRO is available for small and large disasters alike, 24 hours a day. This responsiveness minimizes potential damage to structures and contents and can save homeowners significantly on repair and replacement expenses.
Cleanup services may include the following:
- Manual cleanup of lighter, dry soils with dry cleaning sponges, agitation tools, dust cloths, or gentle EPA-registered detergents
- Heavy-duty cleaning with such methods as immersion, abrasion blasting, or ultrasonic cleaners
- Thermal fogging releases dry solvents in a cloud of thick smoke to chemically bind to and eliminate odor-causing particles
SERVPRO can also perform water damage mitigation for homes that require emergency fire suppression. This mitigation process protects the property from potential mold growth and corrosion caused by corrosive soot exposed to water. After cleanup is finished, this crew can also perform necessary rebuilding and move-back services for structures and contents.
Residents can contact the SERVPRO of Cambridge / Belmont team at (617) 864-7378. Our commitment to cleanup ensures that homes are successfully restored in full, "Like it never even happened."
The Factors That Impact Water Damage Drying
A water leak can escalate into a bigger problem. Contact the SERVPRO team in Cambridge if you are dealing with any water damage.
SERVPRO Water Cleanup Preserves Cambridge Homes
Moisture, regardless of the source, can put additional stress on homeowners. While minor damages may seem only to need a few fans to dry, this DIY solution might not prove sufficient for moisture inside walls or ceiling cavities. This unseen damage impacts framing, insulation, wiring, and even plumbing. Mold can start proliferating within just one to two days. Professional water restoration can save Cambridge residents time and money while keeping their belongings safer from damage, even for small disasters.
SERVPRO addresses water removal needs for Cambridge homeowners 24 hours a day with a suite of tools tailored to the job. This equipment, along with SERVPRO's repertoire of EPA-registered biocides, can eliminate water-related odors, microbes, and moisture.
How Long Does Water Damage Take to Dry?
The answer to this particular question depends on various factors, which can include:
- Ambient temperature and humidity levels
- The extent of impacted structures and contents
- The materials affected and their individual drying needs
- Whether the damage was sudden or gradual
- Whether mold is present
Professionals can resolve many clients' cleanup needs within hours of a property owner's call. Larger-scale disasters can take days to restore the property entirely. The most crucial part of this process is that homeowners act quickly after noticing water damage. The faster it is spotted after it occurs, the more efficiently technicians can clean it without additional concerns like extensive home repairs or mold remediation.
While DIY solutions can sometimes prove sufficient, this often does not guarantee that the disaster is fully addressed. Moisture can still exist inside wall cavities and other structural materials. On top of that, materials like wood, concrete, fabric, and drywall all require different types of care and react to moisture differently. Positioning several fans in a wet laundry room or kitchen, for example, may seem like enough to address the problem. However, it can unintentionally create secondary water damage without adequate dehumidification.
How SERVPRO Handles Water Cleanup, Drying, and Rebuilding
SERVPRO professionals can address moisture-related concerns with a meticulous inspection process, powerful extraction and drying tools, and sanitation solutions that can remediate odors and microbes.
- Before implementing a water damage plan, technicians inspect walls, flooring, carpet, and contents to determine moisture levels with pin-type and pinless moisture meters. Infrared cameras can determine the presence of moisture inside ceilings, walls, or floors. At the same time, thermohygrometers help technicians establish current relative humidity compared to a clean, dry area of the home if possible.
- After formulating a plan of action and clearing it with homeowners, technicians can focus on extracting excess moisture, typically performed with extraction units. While there is rarely standing water present after damage occurs, SERVPRO can address it when present with the vacuum component of an extractor. Submersible sump pumps can remove water two inches or deeper. Extraction may take several passes to reach adequate moisture levels to begin drying but makes the overall process hundreds of times faster.
- Technicians position air movement equipment for maximum water mitigation, pulling residual moisture off surfaces for refrigerant coil dehumidification units to collect. Heavily impacted structural materials with minimal other objects present may require high-powered desiccant dehumidifiers.
We're Faster To Any Size Disaster and can implement restoration tools when homeowners need them most. Call SERVPRO of Cambridge / Belmont at (617) 864-7378 for responsive restoration and build-back services.
Cambridge Mold Cleanup with Commercial-Grade SERVPRO Tools
When you discover mold damage in your Cambridge home, contact SERVPRO. We are Here to Help.
Understanding Microbial Mitigation Versus Mold Removal
Mold damage is a disaster complication that does not exist in a vacuum. Microbes live in all properties and only require one disaster, like a pipe leak or a home fire doused with water, to accelerate their growth and spread. Microbes are especially damaging to structural materials because they eat by releasing digestive enzymes that harm porous, organic materials like wood and sheetrock.
SERVPRO Cambridge mold remediation specialists are equipped to render restoration services around the clock for properties in need. This team is committed to keeping damage to a minimum while maximizing the benefits homeowners can receive from professional cleanup and restoration services.
The Difference Between "Mold Removal" and Mold Mitigation
While it may seem like the terms are interchangeable, mold removal and mold remediation are two different processes. In short, the difference is that total spore removal is not possible, and the scope of this service may only be limited to removing the spores themselves. While this does help in the short term, it does not address the conditions that allow mold to continue growing.
Meanwhile, mold mitigation focuses on the following:
- Reducing spore populations to pre-disaster levels
- Eliminating moisture, stagnant air, and debris that microbes subsist on for growth
- Performing necessary demolition services to save walls, ceilings, and floors
- Odor control and rebuilding where needed to return the home to a clean and livable condition
With these factors in mind, certified professionals best handle microbial cleanup who can resolve the problem in full. Highly trained crews like SERVPRO's are equipped with a repertoire of industrial-grade solutions and tools to address spore growth thoroughly.
Another crucial question homeowners might have about the mitigation process is whether their insurance covers it. A comprehensive policy may include mold coverage, but many home insurance policies may require this to be added separately. It may only cover certain aspects of the cleanup. Microbial damage related to a pipe leak, for example, may have coverage for the spore remediation but not plumbing repairs for the damaged pipe. Residents can discuss this with their insurers to better understand their policy's terms.
SERVPRO Tools are Designed to Remediate Mold Damage
Mold remediation tools and strategies used by SERVPRO are tailored to both the disaster at hand and national standards for the restoration industry. This team's microbe-fighting arsenal includes:
- EPA-registered biocides tailored to spore cleanup
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and containment measures for rooms and ductwork
- HEPA filter vacuums and air scrubbers to collect spores as minuscule as 0.3 microns in diameter
- SERVPRO drying equipment, including hot water extractors, air movers, and low-grain refrigerant dehumidifiers, can effectively remediate water damage and humidity that enables mold damage to spread
Restoration technicians initially focus on establishing containment for mold to prevent it from spreading during cleanup. These measures can include designing "clean rooms" for decontaminating equipment, sealing doors, windows, and ductwork, and setting up sealed polyethylene chambers. SERVPRO also performs debris removal for homeowners, including removing unsalvageable carpets, mattresses, or insulation.
After debris and spore clusters are removed from the home, technicians focus on reducing moisture with extraction, air movement, and dehumidification, which can dry out remaining microbes and make them easier to collect. SERVPRO Odor Control Technicians can address spore odors.
When property owners need mitigation and restoration services, they can call SERVPRO of Cambridge / Belmont at (617) 864-7378 to make it "Like it never even happened."
The Concerns of Post-Storm Water Damage in Cambridge Homes
Our techs are ready 24/7, 365 days a year.
Threats from Water Damage Following Severe Weather
Severe weather is no stranger to the area, so homes must prepare for the possibility of water damage after these disasters. Our fast-responding SERVPRO team can assess the concerns a storm leaves behind and begin restoration.
What Water in Your Home Means
Water damage in Cambridge properties following a storm can mean several possible things. Issues that allow water or flooding to penetrate the property should get resolved as soon as possible. Water in your house after a storm can mean:
- Building Envelope Has Failed – Storms can damage your home's roof, siding, and other exterior elements, keeping the water from entering.
- Flooding Has Overwhelmed the Structure – Flash floods can be particularly forceful in their aggression towards homes, so doorways and other accessible openings can be exploited.
- Drainage and Diversion Issues – A condition as simple as a clogged gutter can force pooling water in these installations to overflow and pour down the side of the house, sometimes between the siding and plywood backing.
Cleaning Up Water Damage in The House
The first step in removing water damage in the house after a storm is clearing any pooling on the structure's floors. Flooding can be particularly concerning in this area, with several inches or even feet of standing water to face. We have multiple extraction devices like pumps and vacuums to overcome water removal needs.
Even with the surface water removed, many steps remain to return your home to pre-storm condition. Drying is also an essential component of the process, introducing tools like air movers and dehumidifiers to the equation for efficient evaporation and moisture regulation.
After a storm, your home can experience several types of water damage. We are mitigation and restoration experts to help when disaster strikes. Call SERVPRO of Cambridge / Belmont at (617) 864-7378.
Emergency Board-up And Containment Services During Fire Damage Restoration in Cambridge
Our techs are ready 24/7, 365 days a year.
SERVPRO Secures Your Cambridge Property During Fire Damage Cleanup
Immediate fire damage restoration services are crucial to limiting the resulting financial and emotional challenges. Such incidents usually happen quickly, and it is hard to see your prized assets being consumed by the fire. But, by instantly calling a fire damage company, you may salvage some of your items and prevent further damage.
When you need fire damage cleanup services in Cambridge, you can call our SERVPRO technicians at any time of the day. We understand the importance of ensuring the site is safe and well-preserved before the restoration process starts. We employ appropriate emergency board-up and site containment measures to achieve such goals.
We do emergency board-up to secure properties after fire damage incidents. We cover doors, windows, and other openings to prevent weather damage and unauthorized access. Our team has the necessary experience and equipment for successful emergency board-up services. You can expect us to do the following:
- We may use plywood sheets, polycarbonate materials, and metal sheets to cover openings.
- We may use sealants to seal off gaps left when the board-up materials were put in position.
- Our SERVPRO technicians may place barriers around the property's perimeter to provide additional protection
- We use screws and nails to attach the board-up materials.
- We wear Personal Protective Equipment to lower the chances of exposure to smoke contaminants.
- Portable lighting may be installed around the building.
We do site containment to ensure the smoke particles do not spread to the surrounding uncontaminated areas. It is an important step, particularly when fire damage happens in certain sections and others remain unaffected. Some tools and techniques used during emergency board-up are also used during this step.
SERVPRO of Cambridge/Belmont offers professional fire damage remediation services to reinstate your property to its former condition quickly. Call (617) 864-7378 to work with a licensed team that is Faster to Any Size Disaster.
Benefits of Drying Your Cambridge Property After a Water Damage Scare
Contact SERVPRO to effectively tackle the water damage in your property. Call now!
SERVPRO Professionally Dries Your Water-Damaged Cambridge Home
There are several techniques that water damage restoration technicians use to restore homes after such stressful events. We use specialized equipment such as hand-held extractors, wet-dry vacuums, and submersible pumps to remove as much water as possible from the building. Though all may seem well at this point, we still need to dry your home to the required moisture levels.
Our SERVPRO technicians use a combination of techniques when drying water-damaged properties in Cambridge. Some specialized equipment that we use to remove the remaining moisture and speed up drying include heaters, dehumidifiers, and air movers. We use the following equipment to check moisture levels during drying:
- Moisture Meters: They are usually available in two types: the non-invasive and pin-type. They have probes that help measure moisture content in materials such as concrete, wood, and drywall.
- Thermal Imaging Cameras: Once they detect temperature differences through infrared technology, it shows moisture exists in the area. They are suitable for detecting hidden moisture existing under floors and behind walls.
- Hygrometers: We use these devices to measure both temperature and relative humidity – the two are useful indicators when needed to determine the amount of moisture in the air. They are useful when monitoring the drying process.
- Data Loggers: We use them when it is necessary to record and store humidity and temperature levels over a long time. They also enable our SERVPRO technicians to monitor the drying process and make adjustments where necessary.
Ensuring the structure and its materials achieve the appropriate moisture levels is important for the safety and health of the occupants and helps retain the property's market value and structural integrity. It explains why our technicians put in a lot of effort to ensure everything is done right.
Don't hesitate to call SERVPRO of Cambridge/Belmont at (617) 864-7378 whenever you face fire, water, or mold damage. We are industry restoration leaders who address issues quickly and efficiently to make it "Like it never even happened."
Mold Damage Remediation Done the Right Way in Cambridge
Don’t let your property be a victim of mold damage, SERVPRO is only a call away.
Cambridge Mold Damage Remediator Saves Local Homes
Every year, countless Cambridge residents deal with mold and the various kinds of damage it causes. Some homeowners merely see it as a minor inconvenience that can be ignored, while others don’t know what to do about it. However, you should know that such fungal outbreaks can quickly morph into significant problems, and services like SERVPRO can help.
SERVPRO is a Cambridge mold damage cleanup and restoration firm that has developed detailed, time-tested procedures for effectively handling mold and its effects. These methods have proven highly effective in both containing the fungus and decontaminating rooms fouled with it. Our mold specialists have employed them whenever they do basement mold remediation, bathroom mold removal, deal with attic mold, or attempt to resolve other related problems. SERVPRO’s containment procedures are as follows:
- Contaminated rooms are identified, clean rooms are marked, and decontamination zones are established so that fouled materials and equipment can be cleaned before they are brought into unaffected places.
- Barriers like plastic sheeting are used to seal doorways between impacted and clean rooms to contain mold and prevent its spread.
- Negative air pressure is then established in these mold-damaged spaces to mitigate further issues.
- Fungal spores are kept out of HVAC ductwork by sealing the system’s vents, thereby preventing them from traveling to other parts of the home.
Our company’s decontamination plan of action involves the following:
- First, remove any rotting wooden furnishings/objects and extensively mold-affected, porous things like carpeting, drywall, insulation, and fabrics.
- Next, cleaning salvageable, semi-porous materials like concrete or wood with a HEPA vacuum, and then the most appropriate abrasive method.
- Then, restore dry, nonporous surfaces like metals, glass, or plastics with HEPA vacuuming and cleaning soiled materials using damp wiping with a detergent.
Keeping our methods in mind, call SERVPRO of Cambridge/Belmont the next time you need mold damage clean up. Call us anytime at (617) 864-7378 for assistance.
Fast Solutions for Water Removal in Cambridge Offices
Let your local SERVPRO of Cambridge / Belmont professionals resolve your water damage problems.
Mitigation Tools for Effective Water Removal
Mitigation is important in commercial water repairs and recovery, especially in larger, open spaces in traditional office buildings. Our fast response to these emergencies ensures that we have the appropriate mitigating equipment deployed throughout the structure to remove standing water and protect damaged contents and building materials from irreparable harm. We prioritize extraction in several forms.
Standing Water Removal
Removing pooling from the surface of office flooring is one of the first objectives and obstacles of water removal in Cambridge buildings. Standing water threatens the entire building, spreading and migrating from the source until extraction stops this process. We have several removal tools used for this purpose, including truck-mount pumps and trash pumps that can be used with:
- Light wands
- Squeegee wands
- Carpet wands
Carpet Wand Extraction
The common use of short pile, glue-down carpeting can make the cleanup of surface water somewhat of a challenge. The thin layer of carpeting rapidly becomes overwhelmed by water, and the underlying concrete subflooring is non-porous. Preserving the carpet after surface water extraction means using carpet wands to lift out trapped moisture in the fibrous flooring.
Enough Air Movers for Large Buildings
Air movers play a critical role in regulating airflow through some of the larger, open spaces typical of office buildings. Axial units are the most effective in open areas, promoting continual air movement where needed most. Centrifugal units have an impeller to push air through at a high velocity. These units can be daisy-chained together to focus direct blasts of warm air on moist surfaces with trapped water for effective evaporation rates.
Water removal for office buildings and other commercial structures calls upon many of the Large Loss tools in our inventory. Our SERVPRO of Cambridge / Belmont team shows We're Faster To Any Size Disaster when you call (617) 864-7378.
Handle Storm Flood Damage in Cambridge with SERVPRO's Help
When a flood hits your property, you need to call the technicians at SERVPRO.
Opt for Expert Storm Flood Damage Restoration in Cambridge
People living in areas free of flooding need help to understand the damage's significance. The floodwater brings debris, soil, sewage, refuse, or deceased animals. Moisture collecting in areas hidden from you can cause the growth of mold and other microbes on your fabrics, drywall, and carpets.
Flood damage is a source of stress, immense losses, and economic downfalls if professionals do not handle the restoration process. SERVPRO provides round-the-clock storm flood damage repair in Cambridge. We have well-trained and certified technicians. We are equipped with advanced equipment to handle any situation. Since water affects almost everything it comes into contact with, our SERVPRO team ensures the safety of the homeowners and all the residents by inspecting the following for damage: plaster, drywall, wood, insulation, floor coverings, framing, electrical wiring, HVAC, pipes, and appliances.
Our team considers factors like the water volume and the damage's severity to restore your home efficiently. To remove the odors the floodwater leaves behind, SERVPRO deodorizes the house, with the initial step involving the removal of moisture. Some of the deodorization methods we use include:
- Direct spraying where discoloration is not likely to happen or where it does not matter.
- Wet fogging. Our SERVPRO technicians use Ultra-Low Volume (ULV) Foggers to dispense solvent-based and water-based deodorizers.
- Hot/thermal dry fogging. We use dry or thermal fogging equipment to dispense solvent-based deodorants.
- Air scrubbers to remove chemicals, odors, and airborne particles from the air.
- Venting fan boxes are high-velocity ventilators that shorten the time required for occupants to return.
Deodorization works to improve indoor air quality to make it easier for you to live in the house. Please don't allow the floodwater to sit on your home for long since it can incur more damage, making it difficult or impossible to restore.
For a fast and efficient restoration process, contact SERVPRO of Cambridge / Belmont at (617) 864-7378. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.