Mold Damage Remediation Done the Right Way in Cambridge
Cambridge Mold Damage Remediator Saves Local Homes
Every year, countless Cambridge residents deal with mold and the various kinds of damage it causes. Some homeowners merely see it as a minor inconvenience that can be ignored, while others don’t know what to do about it. However, you should know that such fungal outbreaks can quickly morph into significant problems, and services like SERVPRO can help.
SERVPRO is a Cambridge mold damage cleanup and restoration firm that has developed detailed, time-tested procedures for effectively handling mold and its effects. These methods have proven highly effective in both containing the fungus and decontaminating rooms fouled with it. Our mold specialists have employed them whenever they do basement mold remediation, bathroom mold removal, deal with attic mold, or attempt to resolve other related problems. SERVPRO’s containment procedures are as follows:
- Contaminated rooms are identified, clean rooms are marked, and decontamination zones are established so that fouled materials and equipment can be cleaned before they are brought into unaffected places.
- Barriers like plastic sheeting are used to seal doorways between impacted and clean rooms to contain mold and prevent its spread.
- Negative air pressure is then established in these mold-damaged spaces to mitigate further issues.
- Fungal spores are kept out of HVAC ductwork by sealing the system’s vents, thereby preventing them from traveling to other parts of the home.
Our company’s decontamination plan of action involves the following:
- First, remove any rotting wooden furnishings/objects and extensively mold-affected, porous things like carpeting, drywall, insulation, and fabrics.
- Next, cleaning salvageable, semi-porous materials like concrete or wood with a HEPA vacuum, and then the most appropriate abrasive method.
- Then, restore dry, nonporous surfaces like metals, glass, or plastics with HEPA vacuuming and cleaning soiled materials using damp wiping with a detergent.
Keeping our methods in mind, call SERVPRO of Cambridge/Belmont the next time you need mold damage clean up. Call us anytime at (617) 864-7378 for assistance.